Rainbow Tassel Necklace
Life is art. Live yours in color.
The decorated elephants of India have inspired our summer jewelry collection of long wood beaded necklaces. Bright colored Bollywood and Tibetan silver beads stand out among the natural sandalwood beads. The attached camel swag tassel is embroidered with rainbow colors thread, seed beads and bells. All add to the boho hippie style. Pair this unique ethnic inspired necklace with a straw hat and some flip flops for a cool summer look.
- Elephants of India: Held in high esteem, elephants have played a large role in India’s history and culture. And they are largely revered, which has helped in the preservation of the species. The elephant-headed god Ganesh, the remover of obstacles, is invoked before every new endeavor.
- Camel/Elephant Swag: Swag is the fabric, bead and mirror accessories that adorn camels and elephants in India. Historically decorating camels and elephants with colorful paint, tassels and pom-poms was to honor the hard-working animals and to attract buyers during the various sales fairs. Today, these majestic animals are still adored and adorned, but us humans have taken to the festive boho decorations, using camel swag for jewelry, home decor and more.
- Kashmiri Beads: Also know as Bollywood beads, colorful Kashmiri beads are made by hand out of polymer clay. Bead artists use a variety of materials for embellishment such as mirror chips, seed beads, silver plating and rhinestones.
- Beaded gemstone necklace is approximately 28 inches in length. The fabric camel swag pendant is approximately 4 inches long from the bail and 1 inch wide.
- Long statement necklace has a lobster clasp, but may easily be slipped overhead.