Rhyolite Tribal Coin Pendant Necklace
Our genuine Rhyolite gemstone necklace with varying colors of tan and rust reminds us of the desert sands and sunsets of Central Asia. And in fact the vintage coin pendant was made by the Kuchi, a nomadic tribe that lives in Afghanistan and Pakistan. The Kuchi people are known for their intricate and colorful jewelry, bead work and fashion. With history, artistry and always sustainability in mind, we have up-cycled this unique antique pendant. This is a one of a kind jewelry piece, so why wait? Add a touch of boho luxe allure to your wardrobe and let your style reflect your wanderlust spirit.
- Statement necklace composed of 6mm genuine Mexican Birds Eye Jasper or Rhyolite gemstones and handmade African metal accent beads. Vintage Afghan coin pendant has a multicolor glass center and 3 dangly chains with small bells attached.
- Antique tribal pendant measures 2 1/4 inches long from the bail and inch wide. The necklace is approximately 20 inches and has a lobster clasp.
- Mexican Birds Eye Jasper Meanings: Mexican Birds Eye Jasper aka Rhyolite is a stone of healing and helps the user understand and see the bigger picture. This helps you in setting goals and planning for the long term.
- Kuchi Tribal Jewelry: The Kuchi people of Afghanistan and Pakistan are a nomadic tribe known for creating vibrant jewelry, beadwork and clothing. The Afghan Kuchi tribe coin pendant is not gold or sterling silver, though it has a similar look with some patina. Kuchi jewelry is generally made with a brass base known as “gillet” metal. The base is about 75% – 80% brass with either copper, silver, iron or all of these metals mixed in. Then a thick silver plating is buffed on the surface and can last for years.
- About Afghan and Kuchi Antique Jewelry: A few of the inlayed stones may be missing, however this does not effect the beauty, nor durability. VT respects the history of its vintage pieces and does not alter or make repairs with modern materials.