VT creates jewelry with semi-precious gemstones, unusual metals, free trade beads and materials ethically sourced from around the world. With sustainability and eco-consciousness in mind, we now offer carefully-curated vintage jewelry.
Why buy vintage jewelry?
- Vintage jewelry is eco-friendly as it does not consume further resources, like water, oil or gas, nor contribute to chemical pollution often associated with today’s fashion production.
- Vintage jewelry is less expensive. Win! Win!
- Vintage often means superior quality as it is not “fast” fashion; it is”built to last.”
- Buying and wearing vintage jewelry (and clothing) reduces the load on landfills. Fast fact: We produce 14.3 million tons of textile waste per year.
- You will stand out in the crowd with your unique, often OOAK jewelry and style.
What can I expect when buying vintage jewelry?
All vintage jewelry for sale has been carefully chosen so expect a piece that is in optimal shape. By that we mean free of any damages, like scratches, dents, discoloration, or broken clasps. Often times the pieces we sell have not ever been worn and have the original tags. Take a look at each listing for specific details.
Is the metal 14k gold or sterling silver?
Unless otherwise specified, most of the vintage pieces are not made of 14k gold or sterling silver. The jewelry is made of durable metals that will not tarnish or rub off.
How should I wear my vintage pieces?
Layer, layer, layer! We love to mix the old with the new, traditional with boho, long chains with gemstone necklaces. The sky is the limit! Check out each listing for more styling ideas. And follow us on Instagram @violetitigershop for more inspiration. In fact, please share your look with us!
What is sustainable fashion?
Sustainable fashion brands create and/or sell fashion in a way which is most considerate of humanity and the environment, reducing the environmental impact whenever possible. The ultimate goal is to have a manufacturing and sales system which works without leaving a negative footprint.
Why does sustainable fashion matter?
- Sustainable fashion saves natural resources such as water, oil, coal, gas, etc.
- Sustainable fashion reduces your carbon footprint (or greenhouse gases that contribute to climate change and global warming).
- Sustainable fashion is healthier for people and our planet as it is eco-conscious.
Shop our current collection now: