Jade Gemstone Mala Necklace
Confucius says, "Jade is precious not because it is rare, but because the quality of jade corresponds to virtue. It relates to virtues like benevolence, wisdom, righteousness, propriety, loyalty and trustworthiness. Our 108 bead Jade gemstone mala necklace has shades of green ranging from sea foam to succulents to sage. A handmade sari silk enlightenment tassel hangs from a silver Tibetan Om bead. Wear, and remember, be like Confucius.
- Real gemstone mala necklace composed of 108 8mm round Light Green Jade beads with 3 handcrafted Ethiopian silver metal counter beads.
- Approximately 44 inches in length including tassel, tassel 3 3/4 inches long, Om bead 34mm x 16mm.
- Clasp-less, slips overhead, strung on sturdy silk or nylon thread with hidden security knots.
- Light Green Jade Properties: Jade is a symbol of serenity and purity. It signifies wisdom gathered in tranquility. It increases love and nurturing. A protective stone, Jade keeps the wearer from harm and brings harmony. It attracts good luck and friendship.
- Om Symbol Properties: Traditionally defined in a sacred text, Om is, “The past, the present and the future, all that was, all that will be is om…. All else that may exist beyond the bounds of time, that too is Om.” In more simple terms, Om represents a trinity of body/mind/spirit, and/or heaven/earth/underworld.
- Sari Silk Tassels: Our tassels are made from ribbon that has been up-cycled from clippings leftover in the sari or dress-making process. All ribbon is purchased from a cottage industry environment that provides much needed employment to impoverished women in rural India. Fair wages and a safe work atmosphere are guaranteed in the cooperative.